In a clear military development, the Yemeni army and the popular committees are controlling the Saudi military base of Jalah after they stormed it.
It is the first time in which the forces stay in a Saudi military post after storming it, Yemeni military sources said.
The sources said that several Saudi soldiers were killed in the Yemeni attack, noting that the survivor soldiers had fled the base.
Several hilltops are also under the control of the Yemeni army and the committees, according to the sources.
A Saudi armored vehicle and troop carrier were destroyed during the attack, the Yemeni sources added.
Yemen has been since March 26 under brutal aggression by Saudi-led coalition. Thousands have been martyred and injured in the attack, with the vast majority of them are civilians.
Riyadh launched the attack on Yemen in a bid to restore power to fugitive Hadi who is a close ally to Saudi Arabia.
However, Yemeni army, backed by popular committees and tribal fighter has been responding to the aggression by targeting several Saudi border military posts and cleansing several areas across the country, especially the country’s south, from Hadi and al-Qaeda-linked militias.
Source: Al Manar TV
|02-08-2015 - 14:25 Last updated 02-08-2015 - 14:25|
- Yemen Fugitive PM’s Aden Visit Lasted 3 Hours, Riyadh Secretly Trained Militants
- Saudi Warplanes Strike Yemeni Civilians Again: 8 Martyrs, Over 20 Injured
- Yemeni Army, Popular Committees Advance in Abyan & Strike Saudi Border Sites
- Yemeni Commander: Over 100 Terrorists Killed in Aden
- Saudi Blockade of Yemen Killing as Many Civilians as War: Humanitarian Chief
- Car Bombing near Hospital in Yemen Capital
- Yemen: Saudi Strikes on Residence Apparent War Crime