Monday 21 September 2009

"... with the blessings of Benazir Bhutto, … General Imtiaz asked me to assist the Iranians..."

Link



WINEP's Henderson in the London Times, here

"...Dr Khan collapsed in sobs. .......Dina dutifully destroyed the letter. That left the copy that was confiscated by the Dutch intelligence service in Amsterdam. I know there is at least one other copy: mine.


Just four pages long, it is an extraordinary letter, the contents of which have never been revealed before. Dated December 10, 2003, and addressed to Henny, Khan’s Dutch wife, it is handwritten, in apparent haste. It starts simply: “Darling, if the government plays any mischief with me take a tough stand.” In numbered paragraphs, it outlines Pakistan’s nuclear co-operation with China, Iran and North Korea, and also mentions Libya. It ends: “They might try to get rid of me to cover up all the things they got done by me.”.........


On Iran, the letter says: “Probably with the blessings of BB [Benazir Bhutto, who became prime minister in 1988] and [a now-retired general]… General Imtiaz [Benazir’s defence adviser, now dead] asked… me to give a set of drawings and some components to the Iranians…The names and addresses of suppliers were also given to the Iranians.”


On North Korea: “[A now-retired general] took $3million through me from the N. Koreans and asked me to give some drawings and machines.”......"



Posted by G, Z, & or B at 11:04 AM

No comments: