Thursday 10 December 2009

A POEM FOR PALESTINE ~~ MY PALESTINIAN DREAM

 LINK
December 10, 2009 at 3:16 pm (Palestine, Poetry)

The following was submitted as a comment…..
My Palestinian dream
I dream of a beautiful day,
When I can proudly say
That the people of Palestine are truly free,
My Allah, that day will I ever live to see?

I dream of glorious moments,
When the Palestinian orphans can forget their torments,
And play and run through long green grasses
My Allah, will this be ever accepted by the Israeli masses?

I dream for their children a wonderful life,
When gone are the memories of suffering and strife
And only joy and laughter fills their faces,
My Allah, when will they end this separation of race’s?

I dream for them a liberated motherland,
Where they can travel freely without the thought of being banned,
And they can breathe freely in the land that they were born
My Allah, will my dream be met with hostility and scorn?

I dream of momentous times,
When the Palestinians are no longer caged between walls and blue striped lines,
And my Palestinian brothers and sisters can proclaim “my Palestine you are at last free|!”
My Allah, that day I yearn to see.



© Lalon Amin 10th December 09

No comments: