Tuesday 11 October 2011

Gilad Atzmon: Supremacism Revisited

The wandering who- Gilad Atzmon

Gilad Atzmon: Supremacism Revisited

DateTuesday, October 11, 2011 at 7:32AM AuthorGilad Atzmon
A few days ago I compared two critiques of my new book ‘The Wandering Who”. One was by rabid Zionist Mark Gardner and the other by American academic Kevin MacDonald. I called my piece ‘Supremacists on The Wandering Who’.

In my article I labeled Gardner as a ‘Jewish Supremacist’ and MacDonald as a ‘White Supremacist’. However, since the publication of my column it has been pointed out by a few readers that I may have been insufficiently careful in the way I attributed supremacism to Kevin MacDonald.

The definition of supremacism is actually pretty straightforward. It is the belief that a particular race, species, ethnic group, religion, gender, sexual orientation, belief system or culture is superior to others, and thus entitles those who identify with it to dominate, control or rule those who do not.

What is clear beyond any doubt is that such a definition fits Zionist ideology, discourse or practice like a glove. Zionism is driven by the belief that Jewish people are entitled to dominate, control and rule their supposed ‘promised land’ at the expense of its indigenous population i.e. the Palestinians. But is this only true of Zionism? Is not any Jewish ‘progressive’ discourse, driven by tribal and racial inclinations towards segregation and determined to enforce on others how their struggle must be conducted, is not this also fundamentally supremacist?

My point is actually very simple and, also it seems, devastating. I believe that every single Jewish political discourse is chauvinist to the bone and is either already supremacist or on the verge of becoming supremacist.

But what about Kevin MacDonald? Is he a White Supremacist? Well, now I‘m not so sure. He’s certainly concerned with his white heritage and, like many Jews, he is also concerned with his genetic pool. MacDonald's world view is clearly shaped by biological determinism and this is something I am very uncomfortable with. Yet, does he insist upon privilege? Does he seek to ‘dominate’, ‘control’ or ‘rule’ other non-white people? I’m not so sure, but I’m certainly going to look into it and it may take some time. But I will come with an answer.

Projection

I also asked myself, why did I label MacDonald as a White Supremacist without really elaborating on the topic or explaining myself? My answer is slightly embarrassing. For quite a while, I’ve seen the ‘White Supremacist’ tag attached to MacDonald and to so many other people, and at some point I must have let my guard down and allowed this highly charged terminology to infiltrate my vocabulary. I didn’t even notice the glaring fact that those who have bombarded us with this inflammatory label are themselves the ultimate supremacists - ADL, Zionists and even some Jewish ‘anti’ Zionists.

It’s now clear to me why Jewish ethnic leaders toss around the ‘White Supremacist’ label. It is there to divert attention from the true depth of their own Jewish Supremacism, an ideological tendency deeply embedded in every form of Jewish identity politics. For every Jewish political collective is a ‘Jews only’ exclusive club concerned primarily with Jewish particular interests.

It is more than likely that what we have here is a clear case of projection.

Projection is basically a psychological defense mechanism whereby one ‘projects’ one's own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, and feelings onto someone else. It seems likely that many amongst those who attribute supremacism to others are themselves supremacists. I will obviously have to look into my own psyche and find out why, on this occasion, I tossed around the supremacist tag. I guess that my escape from Jewishness is not yet complete and from time to time I follow my tribal instinct. In retrospect, this is, indeed, a matter for regret.

Heritage

I ended my piece last week by quoting some beautiful lines by Indian Guru Satya Sai Baba suggesting that they depict fairly my thoughts about race, ethnicity and origin:
"There is only one RACE
The race of humankind
There is only one religion
The religion of LOVE
There is only ONE language
the language of the HEART"
(Sri Satya Sai Baba)

May I now add just a few words of my own? Though I agree with Sai Baba that there is only one race, the race of humankind, I also contend that we are also very different from each other, and that this differentiation is actually precious and it is this diversity that makes life meaningful.

I would love to see all people maintain their culture and heritage but certainly not at the expense of others. Let me be precise. As far as I am concerned, it is totally kosher for an orthodox Jew to celebrate his or her heritage in his or her environment. However, a ‘progressive’ Jew opposing the burka in the name of ‘women rights’ may as well be regarded as ‘kosher’ by some but as far as I am concerned, it is also nothing less than sheer supremacism.

You can now order the book on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.ukPrint Article
   River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

No comments: