Saturday 25 August 2012

Video shows Israeli police taser Palestinian man repeatedly


Published Friday, August 24, 2012
 
A video showing Israeli police tasering a 42-year-old Palestinian repeatedly during the Eid holiday last weekend was published Friday on Israeli daily Haaretz.

Talal Siad is seen rolling on the grass as officers deal him several electric shocks. Siad's five children are standing nearby while women are heard screaming apparently pleading to officers to stop.

“Every time I tried to rise to my feet, he pulled the trigger and shocked me again, even though I was handcuffed, my whole body was bleeding. I vomited and then went to the hospital,” Siad told Haaretz.
Siad reported that he received five electric shocks.


The Jerusalem resident filed a complaint to the Israeli Justice Ministry, accusing them of excessive force as they diffused a brawl that had broken out at a Tel Aviv water park.

Siad was not involved in the brawl, and was tasered when he tried to intervene, accusing police of unnecessary force in restraining one of the youths.

The policemen had reportedly sprayed the youth, who appears in the video worn out and nearly naked, with tear gas.

“I said to them 'Do you want to shoot at me?' So he answered me directly with a shock to my stomach,” said Siad.

Siad sought treatment at a nearby hospital shortly after the incident.
(Al-Akhbar, Ma'an, Haaretz)

 
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian  
The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of this Blog!

No comments: